Sunday 6 November 2011

Chrissy present for Hayley

Have been busy the last couple of days making a flower for my granddaughter Hayley, who is just 8 weeks old.  I  thought I would knit her something I could put under the Christmas tree.  My older grand daughter Emily loved a flower that I bought her when she was tiny.


I looked everywhere to buy one, but I guess they are no longer available.  So I thought I will make one.
 I couldn't find a pattern so I had to make it up as I went.




 I used a Teddy Bear ear pattern for the petals, a picnic plate pattern for the flower centre and a leaf pattern I found in Lesly Stanfield's great book  '100 flowers to knit & crochet' for the leaves.  I am pretty happy with the out come and I hope she loves it!















My Garden is starting to get very dry and I seem to spend a lot of my day moving the hoses around!  The Gardenias continue to flower, such an amazing fragrance!




I also have a row of medium shrubs that have light pink and dark pink flowers at the same time.  I have no idea its name, but I love the way it looks

the unknown shrub

No comments:

Post a Comment