Thursday 24 November 2011

Been Busy




I have been busy since my last post, making a little shoulder tie dress for my Grand daughter.   I made the dress from some vintage fabric that was soft and light, perfect for the hot Darwin Climate.  



Vintage fabric dress

I am now on my next frilly pants attempt, the first pair being way to large.  I am hoping this pair will be the right size.  I will post a picture when they are completed.

I have also been busy recovering a couple of old cane chairs.  I have had the fabric for a few years and I now think my taste has changed. But no matter I used it anyway.  They look okay,  the fabric clashes a little, but they look a whole lot better than the old faded covers!







My Garden is screaming out for some rain. We have been without for over a month now, the most rain has been 3 mls, not much.  I continue to keep the watering up where desperately needed, and of course I am constantly watering the veggie garden which is still happy.   My Vanilla Orchid is flowering and I have been trying to pollinate by hand. So far I have not been successful, but I keep trying!



Vanilla Orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment